Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m shocked! The FO is terrible at in season trades? They’re probably asking for second round picks for Ross and Dunlap.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-asking-prices-unreasonable

“"I'm hearing a lot of chatter but asking prices seem unreasonable," one NFC executive told Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports.”

No one values their own trash like Mike Brown.... he should be on that show Hoarders. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: No one values their own trash like Mike Brown.... he should be on that show Hoarders. 

I'd prefer Antique Road Show so he can learn the true value of what he has, both the over and undervalued items.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ask for the moon at the start. Why not? I’d rather they try to get the best return possible instead of just begging other teams to take them for nothing. We don’t have to trade anyone. Their values are low so if all they can get is a 7th we might as well keep them all except Ross (not like we are deep on the DL at the moment). Even with Ross we might as well start out asking for more to see if we can steal a 5th-6th for him.
Reply/Quote
If a young and promising player like Ngakoue only drew a 3rd and a 5th, that should tell the Bengals something about the trade value market as it pertains to aging guys who might have one good end of season run left in them..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
At this point even fifth through seventh round picks would help. Yes, it’s that bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If a young and promising player like Ngakoue only drew a 3rd and a 5th, that should tell the Bengals something about the trade value market as it pertains to aging guys who might have one good end of season run left in them..

Have to remember that he is playing on the tag, and can't be extended until FA begins.  There has got to be a reduction in compensation for what is most likely a short term rental before he walks for a top contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Have to remember that he is playing on the tag, and can't be extended until FA begins.  There has got to be a reduction in compensation for what is most likely a short term rental before he walks for a top contract.

Considering it's the Ravens who traded for him, I'd say it's more of a test drive than a pure rental.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Considering it's the Ravens who traded for him, I'd say it's more of a test drive than a pure rental.  

(10-23-2020, 08:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s from Maryland, played college ball there and has said all along his dream landing spot from Jacksonville was the Ravens. I think he’ll give them a team friendly, but still lucrative, deal.

I wasn't referring to any desire he has to play or stay in Baltimore, I meant compensation the Vikings could seek.  Just like the Jags were unable to ask for the King's ransom, neither could the Vikings.  The Ravens might even be willing to give him the tag again from the get go, which I think would be a 20% increase in pay for one year, but they can make the claim during trade negotiations that they are the ones taking the risk because he could walk after 10 games plus postseason.  There just isn't the ability to ask for top compensation for a player on the franchise tag unless it is a contender making a desperation move to fill a hole created by injury at or near the deadline (kinda like the Palmer situation).
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have two more games before the trade deadline. Their asking price may drop if they lose the next two games and thus go to 1-6-1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Things like this just make me realize more and more that Mike Brown and Bob Castellini are basically just the same people from an operational and mentality standpoint, with Bob just having better PR and fan relations.

Ask for the moon for guys and then let them walk for nothing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote