Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employee #43 -Seattle
Employee #43 is having a Pro Bowl yr so far at Seattle....all for a 7th rounder that will likely be cut. #43 had 2 sacks last nite, TFLs + the game winning sack on water bug Kyler Murray (of all QBS )on last play. Game before he had sacks and made plays too. I was on board to unload him just because it was beyond repair but the fact we cant even sniff a sack and this guy is going off now is hard to watch. He has to love playing for Pete Carrol as well. I can just hear the conversation between him and Geno.
"Man what a difference being over here with a legit team, coach and winning"
Quite telling what is going on in Cincy
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Employee #43 is having a Pro Bowl yr so far at Seattle....all for a 7th rounder that will likely be cut.  #43 had 2 sacks last nite, TFLs  + the game winning sack on water bug Kyler Murray (of all QBS )on last play. Game before he had sacks and made plays too. I was on board to unload him just because it was beyond repair but the fact we cant even sniff a sack and this guy is going off now is hard to watch. He has to love playing for Pete Carrol as well. I can just hear the conversation between him and Geno.
"Man what a difference being over here with a legit team, coach and winning"
Quite telling what is going on in Cincy

Its been pretty well established that Carlos runs best on motivation.  He even said last night, he's out to prove a point. Pretty sure this one is on Employee96nomore. He also registered 0 tackles and 0 sacks last week. He wasn't winning one on one matchups here, thats on him, I don't care what scheme. 

The fact that the coaches suck and Carlos gave little to no effort can both be true. I mean the dude went after a coach on the sidelines, and tweeted multiple ignorant things. Sorry, his performance in Seattle doesn't negate his performance and antics here. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Its been pretty well established that Carlos runs best on motivation.  He even said last night, he's out to prove a point. Pretty sure this one is on Employee96nomore. He also registered 0 tackles and 0 sacks last week. He wasn't winning one on one matchups here, thats on him, I don't care what scheme. 

The fact that the coaches suck and Carlos gave little to no effort can both be true. I mean the dude went after a coach on the sidelines, and tweeted multiple ignorant things. Sorry, his performance in Seattle doesn't negate his performance and antics here. 

Agreed.

But it does seem to indicate some cultural issues here. Zac should have them fixed in five or six more years.

In all seriousness, I think this team (and most Bengal teams) just expect to lose. And like a self fulfilling prophecy, even when they're in position to win they find ways to undermine themselves. And its bigger than Taylor.
Reply/Quote
I actually watched the game last night, and it only reinforced my belief that Carlos Dunlap has long had an issue with lack of effort, or taking plays, and maybe even entire games, off.

You cannot play that well in two games, in a entirely new system, and come up with a reasonable explanation as to why he was such a non-factor here, other than the above. Even if our system wasn't great for him, or are coaches misused him, it still doesn't explain it.

Keep in mind, this was an issue the first half of last year, and it occurred to numerous times under Marvin as well. It occurred under multiple coodinators as well. So you can throw coaching out the window.

The guy just simply disappears for huge chucks of the season, and then out of nowhere actually looks like an elite DE and pads his stats. It's happened for years. AJ Hawk even alluded to this on a recent podcast with Pat McAfee. That he's a physical freak, and he's dominant when he wants to be.

I know a lot of people on here love him, but to me seeing the effort he put forth last night was a slap in the face to all Bengals fans. I'm glad he's gone and we can use that 11 million bucks elsewhere next season. Good riddance.
Reply/Quote
Why is this in Jungle Noise? Dunlap is not a Bengal
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Its been pretty well established that Carlos runs best on motivation.  He even said last night, he's out to prove a point. Pretty sure this one is on Employee96nomore. He also registered 0 tackles and 0 sacks last week. He wasn't winning one on one matchups here, thats on him, I don't care what scheme. 

Exactly

Dunlap wanted out of here. He wanted out last season. His performance showed it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Most of us are used to being able to just quit a job when we have a clueless boss who we don't feel is treating us properly. But sometimes professional athletes have to take extreme measures to get out from under a contract that has them in that type of situation.

Los's behavior here this year was not proper. But I know I would have done the same thing and I assume most of you would have also.

He looked like an ass, but in the long run it looks like he will prove that he was right all along. And that is all that matters to him.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:21 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Agreed.

But it does seem to indicate some cultural issues here. Zac should have them fixed in five or six more years.

In all seriousness, I think this team (and most Bengal teams) just expect to lose. And like a self fulfilling prophecy, even when they're in position to win they find ways to undermine themselves. And its bigger than Taylor.

Yes. Like I said, none of that excuses the poor excuse for our coaches. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most of us are used to being able to just quit a job when we have a clueless boss who we don't feel is treating us properly. But sometimes professional athletes have to take extreme measures to get out from under a contract that has them in that type of situation.

Los's behavior here this year was not proper. But I know I would have done the same thing and I assume most of you would have also.

He looked like an ass, but in the long run it looks like he will prove that he was right all along. And that is all that matters to him.

Well, considering 52 other players on the same team, under the same coaching staff have not acted like that, I would assume you would be wrong. Quit excusing his behavior just to spite the coaches. You've had countless teammates take the side of the coaches. 1 player has acted rediculous. 1.8% of the team is a far cry for "most."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The guy just simply disappears for huge chucks of the season, and then out of nowhere actually looks like an elite DE and pads his stats.  It's happened for years.  

I looked back over his career, and this is not true.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well, considering 52 other players on the same team, under the same coaching staff have not acted like that, I would assume you would be wrong. 

Obviously not all of them feel they are not being treated fairly.  But there have also been comments from Darius Philips and Shawn Williams about "wasting talent".
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He looked like an ass, but in the long run it looks like he will prove that he was right all along. And that is all that matters to him.

We'll see.  He's getting plenty of motivation right now just from the fact he's on a new team, and in a new city.  Will that same motivation and effort be there from week to week, in future seasons?  The history says no.

Fwiw, I actually give him a very small chance of being in Seattle next season.  He's due 14.25 mil dollars next year, and carries zero dead cap if he were to be released.

My money is that he ends up somewhere else, and he'll do the same thing he's done for years, and years.  He'll show up every once in awhile and have a huge game.  But the rest of the season he'll just look like a run of the mill DE.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously not all of them feel they are not being treated fairly.  But there have also been comments from Darius Philips and Shawn Williams about "wasting talent".

Okay. So let's break that down. After Phillips tweet he has played quite a bit before his injury. I do not have the stats, but I saw him get beat... over, and over, and over, giving up multiple TDs including a game winner to Cleveland's 4th WR. Williams has an argument, but again there is a difference between their behavior and Carlos'. Bug difference. So back to my point, no, most people won't act like that, as 1 of 52 is no where near most. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My money is that he ends up somewhere else, and he'll do the same thing he's done for years, and years.  He'll show up every once in awhile and have a huge game.  But the rest of the season he'll just look like a run of the mill DE.

Dunlap outproduced 90% of the DEs in the league over his career with the Bengals.  I have no clue why people want to shit on him for that.

Dunlap was not some amazing physical freak.  At the combine he weighed 277 and ran a 4.7 forty.  Those are good but not great numbers.  

And if you actually look at his stats over the years when he was healthy his production was pretty consistent.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 01:56 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So back to my point, no, most people won't act like that, as 1 of 52 is no where near most. 

You don't have a point because I never said that all 52 players felt like they were being treated unfairly.

But just to be clear, if you had a clueless boss who was not treating you fairly you would just bend over and take it instead of trying to get out of that job?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't have a point because I never said that all 52 players felt like they were being treated unfairly.

But just to be clear, if you had a clueless boss who was not treating you fairly you would just bend over and take it instead of trying to get out of that job?

You weren't talking about being treated fairly. You were talking about coaches being clueless. The entire team has the same clueless coaching staff yet only 1 player acted like a fool. So yes my point is very well proven. 

To answer your question, no, I wouldn't act like a fool. Maybe you would act like a fool, thats your prerogative. Doesn't make me respect you, no matter your situation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 02:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You weren't talking about being treated fairly. You were talking about coaches being clueless. The entire team has the same clueless coaching staff yet only 1 player acted like a fool. So yes my point is very well proven. 

To answer your question, no, I wouldn't act like a fool. Maybe you would act like a fool, thats your prerogative. Doesn't make me respect you, no matter your situation. 

There have been a lot of players that have voiced frustration with the defense.  Shawn Williams, Phillips, and Geno. Carlos just took it to a whole nother level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I still have no idea how this organization decided to hire a DC with no desire to use 25 mil worth of pass rushers as cornerstones of his scheme. it's about as dumb as it gets, particularly when there's no real pass rush to be found among the others on the DL.

I doubt there are many coaches in the league that don't wish they had different/better players at some positions on the roster at any given time. It is however, IMO, a coach's job to make a roster effective with what he has on hand until there's an opportunity for upgrade/turnover.

The inability to utilize Dunlap is an epic fail on Lou's behalf no matter how you slice it. He was trying to downplay Carlos's ability by giving him fewer snaps, pushing him down the depth chart, and eventually running him out of town.

One day when the team wises up and shitcans Lou for being a crap DC, fans will marvel at the concept of the best DE they've had over the last decade being run out of town by THAT caliber of coach.
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/26/carlos-dunlap-pete-carroll-swipe-bengals-culture-seahawks/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickMike&fbclid=IwAR0Rcms-xJRxGauqp0cLfMkhqZKkHe1JmLTD6dGq3qMgCscjzkMXrOuveoQ
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 10:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I still have no idea how this organization decided to hire a DC with no desire to use 25 mil worth of pass rushers as cornerstones of his scheme. it's about as dumb as it gets, particularly when there's no real pass rush to be found among the others on the DL.

I doubt there are many coaches in the league that don't wish they had different/better players at some positions on the roster at any given time. It is however, IMO, a coach's job to make a roster effective with what he has on hand until there's an opportunity for upgrade/turnover.

The inability to utilize Dunlap is an epic fail on Lou's behalf no matter how you slice it. He was trying to downplay Carlos's ability by giving him fewer snaps, pushing him down the depth chart, and eventually running him out of town.

One day when the team wises up and shitcans Lou for being a crap DC, fans will marvel at the concept of the best DE they've had over the last decade being run out of town by THAT caliber of coach.

At least we didn't give him away for nothing... I'm kidding; we did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote