Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England should have signed Dalton
(12-29-2020, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Pats got Newton as a starter for almost half of what Dalton got to be a backup.  They were playing it chintzy, and I think Newton did about as well as could be expected.  We had our scenarios for the Pats to trade for Dalton and then sign Dalton and be instant contenders, but I admit we're biased.

Side note, I'm pulling for the Cowboys to make the playoffs by default so we can see if Dalton has a Dalton one-n-done meltdown.  Then again, he's on a team with a losing record in the playoffs but those teams are also 2-0 in their first game of the playoffs.
Dalton would be performing better, Cam has never been know as a accurate QB and has been bad throwing and if NE gets behind he really struggles throwing. Signing g Dalton for couple years made better sense and showing now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem is how much Dalton would have cost. They got Cam for dirty cheap.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 02:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The problem is how much Dalton would have cost. They got Cam for dirty cheap.

The other big problem is they have no weapons for him to throw to up there. It would basically look like our playoff game against Indy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 02:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The other big problem is they have no weapons for him to throw to up there. It would basically look like our playoff game against Indy.

I'm with you on this one. Dalton would've been a better fit and is a better player now than Cam. But the AFC is loaded. NE might not have made the playoffs with Dalton and wouldn't have had a realistic shot to win a Super Bowl if they did get in. 

Choosing Cam exposed their lack of weapons and gave them a better draft position. Their recent drafts have been bad, they have to do better.
Reply/Quote