Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Herbert sets NFL rookie TD record
Might lock up rookie of year with now 28 TDs and over 4,000 yards though Jefferson has had a great year too. They might split the award.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Herbert sold his soul to the devil for his NFL performance: Confirmed

[Image: Herbert-Devil.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me sad. What could have been had Burrow not suffered the injury.
Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson had the most yards (1400) by any rookie WR in the Super Bowl era (since 1966), and broke records held by Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. Records that stood since 1998 and 2003 respectively.

Justin Herbert broke a 2 yeard old record held by Baker Mayfield...

Jefferson should be OROY.

Reply/Quote
If I had a vote I would vote for both.. Herbert and Jefferson both had outstanding seasons, breaking records.. To think Herbert actually did not start the season as the starter and see what he did is very impressive. Jefferson numbers are alway very impressive when you think about the company he is in . Though the way the league is pass happy it will start to become even harder to compare players from the past.
Reply/Quote
Herbert is the best QB that came out last season....his deep balls are perfect and has such great timing and velocity on all his throws , even on the run
Burrow comes in second to this guy....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Herbert is the best QB that came out last season....his deep balls are perfect and has such great timing and velocity on all his throws , even on the run

Too early to make this determination. I will say, Burrow’s game (super accurate intermediate throws) is far more sustainable than the big time splash plays. It’ll be interesting to see how they stack up against each other going forward.

Pretty much everyone from both fanbases (except the OP) is happy with their guy though.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Herbert is the best QB that came out last season....his deep balls are perfect and has such great timing and velocity on all his throws , even on the run

Way too early to give Herbert best QB out of this draft.. now was he the best rookie QB and did he exceed expectations yes...  That does not take away from Burrow, he had overall a good rookie year but Herbert had a better rookie year.  If Herbert exceeds Burrow again next year then you could start to have that discussion but Herbert or Burrow could also end of being Mayfield in their 2nd year.. so too early to tell.

Here is where I think Herbert performed better than what most thought coming into rookie year
1. Accuracy- 67% on his throws.. actually higher than Burrow, don;t think anyone predicted that
2. TD to Int Ratio- many thought he throw alot of Ints with his risk and reward but i think with his accuracy that did not happen 3 TD to 1 Int Ratio.. also exceeded Burrow
3. Mobility: he was thought not be so mobile but he did well getting out of pocket and throwing and scored 5 tds on the round.
Reply/Quote