Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo 2 Resurrected
Diablo 2. Its coming back and its coming to all current and next gen consoles as well as pc this year. with some small Quality of life upgrades...

https://www.techradar.com/news/diablo-2-remastered-and-resurrected-news-release-date-trailers?scrlybrkr=fe7328f7

Ill be playing this probly day 1. (again) dont know how many hours i put in the first time around.

Also announced Diablo 4 and Diablo mobile still in the works (cause you all have phones)
Diablo 1's rouge class will be in Diablo 4.

Anyone else ready???

And in case you need some music you can never forget..

Reply/Quote
Goodbye wife and kid. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Goodbye wife and kid. LOL

only game i ever played for days straight without breaks or sleep....
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 09:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: only game i ever played for days straight without breaks or sleep....

I'll obviously play it day 1. But I'm very curious to see if and how they tweak loot mechanics. D3 has a very generous loot and customization system compared to D2. For the people that started with D3 it will be hard to go back to D2's system. And it will be hard for the original audience, 20 years older with families, houses, jobs etc, to sink in all that many hours once the nostalgia itch is scratched. 

I dont want them to completely overhaul the system, but I feel like a middle ground can be reached.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'll obviously play it day 1. But I'm very curious to see if and how they tweak loot mechanics. D3 has a very generous loot and customization system compared to D2. For the people that started with D3 it will be hard to go back to D2's system. And it will be hard for the original audience, 20 years older with families, houses, jobs etc, to sink in all that many hours once the nostalgia itch is scratched. 

I dont want them to completely overhaul the system, but I feel like a middle ground can be reached.

from what i read the biggest overhaul is the cimematics...    the game play itself isnt really changing much...

But there is options for auto gold pickup instead of having to click on each stack.  and other Quality of life changes..

the biggest one though i think (they need to add) will be a ability to RESPEC your character..  As if you dont have a plan at the very start you will waste precious skill points.

Ill be playing but i think people forget how ruff this game could be when you got to loot grind at the end. lol I remember i stopped playing the original cause i simiply could not afford to repair my barbarians equipment any more.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: from what i read the biggest overhaul is the cimematics...    the game play itself isnt really changing much...

But there is options for auto gold pickup instead of having to click on each stack.  and other Quality of life changes..

the biggest one though i think (they need to add) will be a ability to RESPEC your character..  As if you dont have a plan at the very start you will waste precious skill points.

Ill be playing but i think people forget how ruff this game could be when you got to loot grind at the end. lol    I remember i stopped playing the original cause i simiply could not afford to repair my barbarians equipment any more.

In patch 1.13  for the original they added respeccing. 1x per difficulty I think.

I think if they tie loot to class it would be a compromise. No bigger pain in the ass than getting drops for a char you don't want to play.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 01:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: In patch 1.13  for the original they added respeccing. 1x per difficulty I think.

I think if they tie loot to class it would be a compromise. No bigger pain in the ass than getting drops for a char you don't want to play.

right but ment you could farm for items on a class that wasnt as equipment dependant like the sorceress so you didnt lose all your gold repairing your 6 slotted epic swords like i did lol 
And then sell those items on EBAY!! lol
Reply/Quote
I never really did get into Diablo 2 after beating the single player. At that time (2000) I was really into an MMO called Darkages and Counter Strike 1.6. I remember making like $300 to $500 a month duplicating items on Darkages and selling them online lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote