Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late round Tackle Prospect - James Hudson
Since there is a lot of interest in getting a guy like Chase or Pitts early if Sewell is gone, I started looking at some later options for an OT to draft and I started looking into James Hudson from UC.

Was a former defensive lineman, so he has a nasty streak.

Was a four star recruit that signed with Michigan.

Ended up having some issues with being too far from home (Toledo) and transferred to U.C.

After sitting out one season for the transfer, was a dominate force at LT for the Bearcats.

He is certainly a raw prospect, but the size is good. 6'5" 310 lbs.

Has a second round grade, could be there early in round 3.

This would allow for Chase in one, then and edge like Basham in two then say Hudson in three.

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on him as a prospect.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:42 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Since there is a lot of interest in getting a guy like Chase or Pitts early if Sewell is gone, I started looking at some later options for an OT to draft and I started looking into James Hudson from UC.

Ended up having some issues with being too far from home (Toledo) and transferred to U.C.

After sitting out one season for the transfer, was a dominate force at LT for the Bearcats.

This would allow for Chase in one, then and edge like Basham in two then say Hudson in three.

From everything I have read and saw Hudson will be gone before the 4th round. I think he has a high ceiling.

My late round OT is Kayode Awosika from Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Ann Arbor a lot closer to Toledo, than UC?
Reply/Quote
He isnt a late round guy. He is a top 50 prospect and is a day 2 selection.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:15 AM)pulses Wrote: From everything I have read and saw Hudson will be gone before the 4th round. I think he has a high ceiling.

My late round OT is Kayode Awosika from Buffalo.

4th yes, I was thinking in the 3rd... guess late round was a bad choice of title.

(02-23-2021, 09:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Ann Arbor a lot closer to Toledo, than UC?

I thought so as well, just read about it in an article on why he transferred.

(02-23-2021, 10:34 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He isnt a late round guy. He is a top 50 prospect and is a day 2 selection.

Yeah, late round was a bad choice for title, but round 3 is where I was thinking. If they go skill guy, edge, then OT.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 09:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Ann Arbor a lot closer to Toledo, than UC?

Literally came in here to post that.

It is MUCH closer than Cincinnati lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:42 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Since there is a lot of interest in getting a guy like Chase or Pitts early if Sewell is gone, I started looking at some later options for an OT to draft and I started looking into James Hudson from UC.

I like Hudson. I’d need to have signed a starting tackle tho in FA to be happy with it.
Reply/Quote
Marshall's LT Josh Ball is a solid developmental day 3 Tackle prospect.

ECU's LT D'Ante Smith is also likely a day 3 guy. He gained some hype from the Senior Bowl.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Would you keep Hart as someone like Hudson seems unlikely to be ready to go year 1?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:40 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Would you keep Hart as someone like Hudson seems unlikely to be ready to go year 1?

I still think he is going to be cut just for the cap number alone... not to mention his bad play.

The more likely thought with this would be draft him and coach him up, after using free agency to get a guy like Ricky Wagner or Villanueva who would be able to hold the spot for a year while he develops and then been a nice veteran back-up plan.

Reply/Quote