Poll: Why?
Brad has single handedly killed it
Both teams stink and are struggling
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers/Bengals week and no new posts in Smack Talk
Why???
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:13 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Why???

I dunno... But I know that we played 2 OK teams in weeks 1 and 2. I'm here to tell ya... The Steelers are flaming garbage. The Bengals are just ok on their best day, and they whooped that ass. Enjoy the basement son... We've kept it warm for ya.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:02 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno... But I know that we played 2 OK teams in weeks 1 and 2. I'm here to tell ya... The Steelers are flaming garbage. The Bengals are just ok on their best day, and they whooped that ass. Enjoy the basement son... We've kept it warm for ya.

The offense is flaming garbage. When healthy, the defense is easily top 5. 
They hired Matt Canada because of his creativity and pre snap movements creating mismatches, yet I see the same anemic offense as last year without many of those things that Canada was supposed to do. I’m thinking either Ben can’t or won’t do it. I really think Rudolph might be better than Ben at this point as he could/would run Canada’s offense. 
Reply/Quote
Grats guys.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The offense is flaming garbage. When healthy, the defense is easily top 5. 
They hired Matt Canada because of his creativity and pre snap movements creating mismatches, yet I see the same anemic offense as last year without many of those things that Canada was supposed to do. I’m thinking either Ben can’t or won’t do it. I really think Rudolph might be better than Ben at this point as he could/would run Canada’s offense. 

Ben looks done... He did today anyway. He's got a ton of miles on him for sure.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
While it was certainly enjoyable to watch, have to imagine it will have a different look the 2nd time around if Hayden and Watt both are healthy and play.

Of course still not sure how Pitt will score with that offense, the line is struggling and Ben looks 50.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Grats guys.

Yeah, same to you ya bastids. I had to hold my nose and pick the Ravens in my survivor pool this week and I almost regretted it. I didn't see the ending but knew they were losing late and figured that it was over and braced myself for the barrage of shit talking texts I was about to receive. When they didn't come, I knew something good happened.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Grats guys.

Much appreciated.  After all, it's not every day that we get to see the Bengals go into Heinz Field and push around the Steelers all day.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

It pains me to post this. It really does. But it's becoming glaringly obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:41 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It pains me to post this. It really does. But it's becoming glaringly obvious. 

I'm PRAYING Ben holds on for AT LEAST another year or two because that means a few more years of the Steelers being horrible!

If he does retire after this year, I think it's something like 10 million dollars against their cap!

If they draft another quarterback this draft, will he be able to step in and be successful with a Swiss Cheese offensive line?

Will free agents want to re-sign when they have a rookie quarterback and a horrible offensive line?  They can't spend money to improve the line and bring in expensive free agents.  By the time a quarterback they drafted got up to speed, a lot of guys would be at the end of their contracts.

The Steelers are in trouble!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 03:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm PRAYING Ben holds on for AT LEAST another year or two because that means a few more years of the Steelers being horrible!

If he does retire after this year, I think it's something like 10 million dollars against their cap!

If they draft another quarterback this draft, will he be able to step in and be successful with a Swiss Cheese offensive line?

Will free agents want to re-sign when they have a rookie quarterback and a horrible offensive line?  They can't spend money to improve the line and bring in expensive free agents.  By the time a quarterback they drafted got up to speed, a lot of guys would be at the end of their contracts.

The Steelers are in trouble!

Hopefully they draft another LBer while ignoring the OL and turn the QB position over to Haskins if Ben retires. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote