Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
(02-14-2022, 12:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Will it be another 31 years to get here?  I will be dead by then

Nope, you have your quarterback and the defense is solid. Shore up the Offensive line in the offseason and make another run next season. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 11:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Rams missing that PAT looks like it's gonna bite them.

It bit me on my square.
Reply/Quote
Trai Turner graded out at 69.4. Would have been a good addition at Guard.
Reply/Quote
went back and rewatched for the first time since sb night. my main takeaway is the same the second time around. burrow really fell short in this game and it cost us the title. he seemed nervous and jittery. missed open throws, didn't see other options. even when the line gave him time, he was still off.

it was sort of like that through the whole playoffs. where was mr. cocky, give me the ball burrow in the playoffs. thank the lord for the defense or they would have been one and done.

i hope he starts taking on more ken anderson type style going on. don't act all act cocky and just get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: went back and rewatched for the first time since sb night. my main takeaway is the same the second time around. burrow really fell short in this game and it cost us the title. he seemed nervous and jittery. missed open throws, didn't see other options. even when the line gave him time, he was still off.

it was sort of like that through the whole playoffs. where was mr. cocky, give me the ball burrow in the playoffs. thank the lord for the defense or they would have been one and done.

i hope he starts taking on more ken anderson type style going on. don't act all act cocky and just get the job done.

x2
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: went back and rewatched for the first time since sb night. my main takeaway is the same the second time around. burrow really fell short in this game and it cost us the title. he seemed nervous and jittery. missed open throws, didn't see other options. even when the line gave him time, he was still off.

Watching the SB live, i distinctly remember saying to myself “Burrows kinda not having a good game today.” He didn’t play BAD as i think your post is hinting at imo. Imo he played careful. I’m trying to remember a specific throw that kinda screwed us and i can’t think of one.

Honestly for his first time in the big game he played well imo. Most QBs that young are going against that Rams team and getting their shit destroyed. So this is why i didn’t grade it a bad Burrow game because it wasn’t. He was too careful and it probably did take a 1st down off the board here and there but him playing that careful made us turnover free and big mistake free all game to the point where we had a chance to win it twice. Once on that drive Boyd dropped the ball where we could’ve went up 2 scores and again where we were goal line and Kupp just owned us.

I’m proud of that Burrow game because usually only 10 year vets can keep games like that under control. But i am slightly disappointed because Burrow never really got into a groove and Burrow in a groove is the best QB Iv ever seen.
-Housh
Reply/Quote