Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk retires
Rob Gronkowski announced on his Instagram that he is retiring. We will have to watch and see if Tom Brady can talk him into coming back if needed during the season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Gronk of the Jungle/Gronkinnati officially comes to an end.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 03:48 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Gronk of the Jungle/Gronkinnati officially comes to an end.

Too bad, thought he would be a good pickup for us if he was healthy. His knees must be bothering him and with the Hurst
signing he was kind of out of the picture at that point. He wanted to play with Burrow, said as much. Maybe if an injury happens
to Hurst or one of our TE's he might still be an option if he stays in shape.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too bad, thought he would be a good pickup for us if he was healthy. His knees must be bothering him and with the Hurst
signing he was kind of out of the picture at that point. He wanted to play with Burrow, said as much. Maybe if an injury happens
to Hurst or one of our TE's he might still be an option if he stays in shape.

Surprises me because, even with health problems, he came back to play with Brady before, so why wouldn't he do it again? He's passing up millions of dollars.

I like it because, IMCO, it significantly reduces their chances of making it back to the Super Bowl, where I have us going. 

It also gives us a much better chance at beating them in Tampa, which every team in the division has to play them, but only the Ravens play them in Tampa Bay.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 09:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Surprises me because, even with health problems, he came back to play with Brady before, so why wouldn't he do it again? He's passing up millions of dollars.

I like it because, IMCO, it significantly reduces their chances of making it back to the Super Bowl, where I have us going. 

It also gives us a much better chance at beating them in Tampa, which every team in the division has to play them, but only the Ravens play them in Tampa Bay.

With Cappa going to us, Gronk retiring and them losing all those other players I find it hard to think they will be back in the SB.

You never know though with Brady and the NFC is much weaker than the AFC this year from all the moves team's made.

Regardless that matchup late in the year of Brady vs Burrow will be must watch TV.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Cappa going to us, Gronk retiring and them losing all those other players I find it hard to think they will be back in the SB.

You never know though with Brady and the NFC is much weaker than the AFC this year from all the moves team's made.

Regardless that matchup late in the year of Brady vs Burrow will be must watch TV.

I'd agree with you with anyone else but then Brady is superhuman and somehow just wins games, and I think their line will actually be pretty good with trading for Shaq Mason, re-signing Jensen, and then drafting Godeke (or however you spell his name).

The NFC is weak and let's just hope that we're battled-tested and clicking on all cylinders to go into Tampa and handle our business!

I think handling them their asses late in the regular season and then again in the Super Bowl would be a pretty huge deal and would just announce to the world that it's Burrow's league now, not Brady's.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 06:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd agree with you with anyone else but then Brady is superhuman and somehow just wins games, and I think their line will actually be pretty good with trading for Shaq Mason, re-signing Jensen, and then drafting Godeke (or however you spell his name).

The NFC is weak and let's just hope that we're battled-tested and clicking on all cylinders to go into Tampa and handle our business!

I think handing them their asses late in the regular season and then again in the Super Bowl would be a pretty huge deal and would just announce to the world that it's Burrow's league now, not Brady's.

Agreed, the last part makes me giddy.Joe
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, the last part makes me giddy.Joe

I know! Especially with all the moves we're making, including just the indoor practice facility, I'm always just excited about this team and organization overall!

It feels like we're going to be a freight train just barreling through the league! It has me excited! I just wish I could have gotten more than two tickets for each game!
Reply/Quote