Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-16-2021, 09:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think "The model American" image makes people think there isn't violence against Asians.  If anything it would make me think there would be   violence.

That whole part about the reward was just weird.

I think that the article would agree that it doesn't help but that it can be used to disguise it by some people.

Like people who cite the "welfare queens" as a reason to gut the welfare system.  It doesn't have to be true, it just has to make the person using feel better about their position.  So if people think the Asian minority is "different" than other ones then they can ignore any racism directed at them because they are still "good".

The reward part just goes to show how racism crosses boundaries if someone is defensive about it.  If we have a video of a black person or a white person or a man or a woman committing a crime I see no racism is putting that out there.  But a person or a group who feels slighted in the past will be triggered to react without using the context of the specific example.

Like I said, we have a problem in this country and too many people try to just cover it up or pass the blame so they can feel better about their own selves/group.

And yes, I'm sure other countries have their own problems but this is about us here which why I am speaking solely to that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - GMDino - 03-16-2021, 10:13 AM