Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-16-2021, 12:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think as a highly successful minority yes. By lower middle class people in the majority and other minorities. Very few act on these jealousies, but enough would to notice. Just a theory.

Speaking in generalities, there is a lot of resentment toward Asians in lower income areas.  They are perceived as interlopers, opening businesses that should be run by the locals.  Of course, this ignores the fact that they own these businesses because they work their ass off, working 16+ hours a day and often sleeping in the shop.  But that kind of hatred and resentment doesn't rely on logic or common sense.  Anecdotally, I see this all the damned time.  It's also directed at others, such as Indians or Middle Easterners.  I do wonder if the OP includes them as Asians, which they technically are, but in the US at least the term is generally used to describe what would have in the past be referred to as "Orientals".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-16-2021, 01:05 PM