Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-16-2021, 01:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One would certainly think so.  It's sad how often that doesn't happen. 

I'll let you know when that starts happening then. 

Meantime, 

how does the insight that racism is not limited to any race help us understand the violence against Asians seen in Dino's post? E.g., if we agree there has been a rise in violence against Asians, and we can find 1) separate cases in which the perpetrators have been Latino, African-American, and White, and 2) in each of these cases there is no mistake about the racial character of the attack (e.g., because the perp used racial slurs), then in your view, what is the next step in determining the cause of the attacks, or more specifically, the rise in attacks?  

Could there be some change in the information environment which triggered already existing prejudice?

(03-16-2021, 01:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes and no.  They were targeted but their willingness to fight back, e.g. sit on the roof of their business with rifles, led to a lower rate of victimization.  The revisionist historians are now trying to down play that, big time, but I was here for it.

Curious--are you saying the "revision" is about the use of rifles for protection or that Koreans were targeted.

If I wanted to find out about the revision, where would I look. E.g., which historians or what books/articles should I be looking for?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Dill - 03-16-2021, 03:51 PM