Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-17-2021, 12:47 PM)Dill Wrote: Hmm. After the first round of "unpalatable evidence."  Second time in three days.

Sure. ok. Just thought we were on the same page, given your previous statements.

I.e., I thought we were taking a second to analyze whether what Lee and Huang advanced was "accurate," as opposed to just projecting angry assumptions onto someone else's writing.  Truth rather than "truthiness" (i.e. what "feels" true given already strongly held beliefs).

For me, that analysis has to involve a bit of research, which includes checking your claims about "historical revision" against what Lee and Huang actually say about Korean-Black relations.  Where I come from, such checking is routine for anyone who wants to "actually address the problem, not veil it in code words and obfuscation."

If you insist that Lee and Huang's article was "all about white supremacy" (substituting your words for hers) and "historical revision," then bolt once we start looking closely at your terms and what she actually says, why shouldn't anyone suspect that YOU are really the one veiling the issue in "code words and obfuscation"?  

Nope, I'm done because you're arguing from a disingenuous position now, specifically what you stated that I responded to being done.  Of course, you don't "see it", but it's rather obvious.  You're slowly morphing into Fred part 2.  Believe what you want though, you do regardless of what you're presented anyways.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-17-2021, 12:57 PM