Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-18-2021, 01:43 AM)hollodero Wrote: This somehow appears to be a racial stereotype too. Typical repressed religious white man who can't get laid and such.

Wouldn't sound too good if white were replaced with some other race now, would it.

Not that I want to jump the reverse racism train, but I feel this is exactly the kind of generalization one is usually told to avoid.

I never said he couldn't get laid.  I said he was sexually repressed which is something that Christianity tries to do.  Sex is bad.  If you want sex you are bad.  Even THINKING about sex is bad. Until you are married...then make lots of new Christians.

As a Christian, white male, I've seen it.  I did use a stereotype..one based on things I have seen...but race didn't matter because I was talking about a real person who was white.

And it was only a "generalization" as far as I applied what we know so far about this admitted murderer and applied it to a "general" group who actually exist.  Unless they killers actually get off or fetishize the killings many of them kill prostitutes, women, etc because they "tempt" them to be "bad" and think about sex.  Others have killed male prostitutes or gays people because they were repressing their own homosexual desires. It is the OTHER PERSON'S fault for being a temptation...something that is in the man's mind because he was TAUGHT sex is bad and why won't these women quit making him have thoughts about sex?!?!

I'm sure there are other religions that teach the same.  They may even encourage their women to cover up everything to avoid tempting men who just can't be held responsible for their own actions if they see a woman's body!  

But as I said I know the religion I was raised in.  The one that still shames girls if they bare their shoulders in the classroom because they will "distract" the boys.

The sexually repressed male is a thing.  He being a white Christian was specific...but the the sexually repressed white male Christian is also a thing.

Being poor is a thing. The poor black person is a thing.  Terrorism is a thing.  The Muslim terrorist is a thing.  They do not become racist if the person we are talking about is indeed black or Muslim...or white.  

But I appreciate your thought on it and I'm glad I had a chance to expand on my post. 

And I will, one time, address this continued stream of insults from the guy who doesn't want me to talk anymore but keeps quoting me and casting assumptions about what I think and what I mean. I'm just an average guy commenting on stories based on my own background and knowledge.  I do not hate white people or Christians...I am a white and I was raised Christian and I feel free to speak on both of those when I see something wrong.  I have never felt racism directed to me as a white male because some other white males did something and they were called out for it and accused of doing something or being something just because they are white.   I will only hope that someday he can have the same peace of mind in what he truly is a person and man as I do. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - GMDino - 03-18-2021, 08:59 AM