Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
(03-18-2021, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I will dispute that.  Despite missing our #1 TE for 14 gaes last year Bengals TEs still had more receptions than TEs from Buffalo, Carolina, Arizona, and the Jets.

I don't think you know what bottom of the barrel means.  It doesn't mean last, it means near the bottom. 

You just named 4 teams that fared worse in one specific stat.  That means 27 teams had more receptions from the positon.

Also, since when is receptions the only metric?  Yards?  TD's?  I'm sure you specifically chose receptions because that was the our best category.  Sad thing is, even in doing that we ranked 28 out of the 32.

Last year Sample had more receptions (40) than the top TE on 11 other teams.  Uzomah's career best is 43.

Here we go again.  Typical Fred move to pull the very best statistic to make his case better (which is still weak). 

Why aren't you using Yards or TD's  Where does he rank there?

We've gone over this before, but I guess I'll have to do it again.  Sample was like 5th in the league in snaps at the position.  He shared very little time with anyone the last 14.5 games of the year.  While 11 other teams might have had #1 Tight Ends with less receptions, you may find that also had #2 Tight Ends that put up numbers as well, thus eating in to both the snaps and numbers of TE1.  That wasn't the case here.  It was Sample's show.

Also, holding up finishing 21 in receptions (best stat for Sample) among the TE1 is so pathetic.  This is what you do with Bobby Hart too ("He's ranked as the 40th best OT").  You're only proving my point.  This numbers are below average, and given proper context they flat out stink.

Total 100% bullshit.  There were only 30 TEs in the entire league who had more than 30 receptions last year.  Only 24 who had more than 400 receiving yards.  In 2018 Uzo had 43 receptions for 439 yards.  If he is healthy this year he not only makes the roster of every NFL team, but he would be the starter on several of them.

Only 30?  Only??? 

There's only 32 teams in the league.  That means all but two had at least 30 receptions.

Again, some teams have multiple Tight Ends who play a significant amount.  Sometimes they even play at the same time.  that was not the case here.  It was the Drew Sample show from the 2nd half of the 2nd game and on.

You bring up Uzomah in 2018 (one year out of six).  So you pick a career year.  That's fine I suppose.  But that really doesn't mean much when we're evaluating him now coming off an achilies tear and a decent cap hit now does it.

If you're trying to convince that a guy who is coming off a significant injury once has statitistics that would have put him 25th in the league in receiving yards then you're doing a terrible job.

Fwiw, I'm not saying he doesn't make a roster elsewhere or he gets cut if he goes elsewhere.  I'm saying if he was on another team in these exact circumstances (due over 6 million, coming off injury, in final year of contract, small amount of dead cap). 

You are completely clueless about the level of TE production in the NFL.  You are just so desperate to find something to squeal and cry about that you are making shit up out of thin air.

You can think whatever it is you like, but I promise you that there's people that are reading this also thinking how ridiculous all of your arguments are. (Not unlike many of your other posts)

"Our TE who was 5th in the league in snaps, who played on a team with the 13th most pass attempts, finished 24th in receptions!!!  Why would we want to upgrade here???"

"Bobby Hart is underrated.  Did you know he's the 40th best OT????"

Do you know how foolish you sound?

Would I complain about the Bengals getting an upgrade at TE?  No.  I admit that our TEs are not among the best in the league.  But they are far from the worst and this is one of the most over-the-top ridiculous hater threads I have ever seen.

I didn't say they were the worst, I said they were one of the worst.  And they are.  They're not good.

I don't care what stats you wanna pull out of your ass to say they could be ranked 27th, or 29th, or 25th, or whatever.  The fact of the matter is their well below average.  Not just below average, well below average.

If pointing this out is "squeeling", it's "over the top", or it makes me a "hater" to you then so be it.  I coudn't care less.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample... - Wes Mantooth - 03-18-2021, 07:33 PM