Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
(03-18-2021, 08:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, you do realize that by cutting Uzomah we're can pretty much pay for another Tight End, right?  (Doesn't affect our ability to fill other holes whatsoever)

You can trade for Evan Engram right now (probably a late round pick) and spend an extra 700k vs. what you're saving from CJ.  (CJ saves 5.3 mil, Engram costs 6 mil)

I wouldn't be surprised that once Kyle Rudolph's 2 years "up to 16 million" deal's details get released that we'll find he's making under 6 mil per in 2021 either.

As far as the draft, I'm not so sure I have a lot of faith in Duke Tobin to land a decent one unless we go Pitts.  Here's our TE draft history past the 1st round since he's been here:

Brad St. Louis (7th)
Sean Brewer (3rd)
Matt Schobel (3rd)
Matt Sherry (6th)
Chase Coffman (3rd)
Orson Charles (4th)
Tyler Kroeft (3rd)
CJ Uzomah (5th)
Mason Shreck (7th)
Drew Sample (2nd)

To each their own, I wouldn't count on landing a legitimate starter in the draft unless we take Pitts.

I mean I'm with you,I don't think uzomaha is that dependable and he's decent at best,he would never have a 100 yard game in his life. I'd love to have a stud tight end. Just don't think they will,and it looks like Taylor so far doesn't really value the tight end. The sample pick was a joke. But I can see the Bengals taking a low round tight end

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample... - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 03-18-2021, 08:30 PM