Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-19-2021, 10:39 AM)Dill Wrote: People who claim intelligence should be able to explain.

Sure, just not endlessly to a person who refuses to listen. 

Quote:Your comments on "revisionist history" and "reverse racism" sounded pretty "off base" to me, displaying a "fundamental lack of understanding of the points being made"--including a profound misunderstanding of reverse racism.  Yet it never occurred to me to just claim that, and then if you had questions, impute some deficiency to you in lieu of answers. I was prepared to demonstrate, because I can; you weren't prepared to follow. 

As expected, pontification meter at level red.

Quote:Now I'm prepared to follow; you aren't prepared to demonstrate, because you can't. 

Yeah, I can't.  To quote someone, "it's not true because you say it is".

Quote:My "history in this regard" is that I have not developed a system for dodging questions and arguments by dismissing others as "disingenuous" or unintelligent. I respond to arguments with arguments, not ad hominem. To me, no one, no argument, is beneath reply. 

This is great, you couldn't even go two sentences without contradicting yourself.

Quote:Your history: this is the 3rd thread this week in which you plunged into a topic overconfident and underinformed. Best example: your own thread, forcing an insubstantial transcription error, whose context you misunderstood, into the demise of modern journalism.  With similar high drama, you jumped into this thread reading "white supremacy" and "revisionist history" into works by three Asian women trying to raise national awareness about anti-Asian violence. Well not at the expense of white people--not on your watch.

Ahahaha, good lord you're precious.  You're so blind to your own faults, as you are to others you agree with, that you don't even recognize yourself engaging in behavior right after you claim not to engage in it.

Quote:Rather than actually considering the "long Western legacy of violence" against Asians, you set about insuring there'd be no singular blame of white people and the "West." Your assessment of Ms. Hu was "We're not going to solve racism with racism."  So was she "solving racism with racism"? This Asian was directing "racism" at people of European ancestry?  If we want to stop violence against Asians, then we have to see "the whole problem," which apparently extends to recognizing individual acts of racism among/between minorities but stops short of the systemic racism which excludes those minorities. And you weren't going to pursue any analysis you suspected might implicate Trump, whom you don't support. "Racism" against Trump won't help anyone understand the current round of violence against Asians, right? But before that question can be answered, you are "done here."

It's been answered you blowhard.  Several times.  Another case of "Dill doesn't see it"?

Quote:Almost. You couldn't resist jumping into my post to Hollo about replacing labels as an exploratory tool and misreading that too. The black history analogy was doing nothing more than extending a point Hollo had already made about "Western Civ" as used by right and left commentators. THEN I moved to the issue of stereotypes about men who blame women for their sexual problems, which I suggested arose with crime data--meaning the provenance of such stereotypes is not the same as "Asians can't drive" or "Blacks are lazy."  After another of your many ham-fisted attempts to paint Dino in a negative light, regarding no issue on my table, you decided my analogy, which addressed the principle of replacement in general, was all wrong because it didn't involve "negative tropes" of Black people. Like my point went right over your head. It didn't require a "negative trope" about Black people.

No, you made a shitty analogy and I pointed out that it was shitty.

Quote:But now you want me to "man up" so you don't have to provide the requested explanation, or demonstrate you actually understood the point of my post. Logical/language analysis is work. It requires patience and a common effort towards understanding terms. The only other options are silence or a flurry of Parthian accusation of the sort you lobbed at Dino, in lieu of substantive analysis.

More faux intellectualism from the certified master of it.  I'd actually feel bad for you, so lacking in self awareness and steeped in myopic hypocrisy, if you weren't such an pedantic snob.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-19-2021, 11:58 AM