Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
Here is the most pathetic thing about debating you.

I use direct quotes when addressing your arguments, and you get upset because I should understand that you don't really mean exactly what I say.  But when I say this.  .  .  

(03-18-2021, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Would I complain about the Bengals getting an upgrade at TE?  No.  I admit that our TEs are not among the best in the league. 

You can't deal with it so instead you make up a total bullshit false quote out of thin air like this.

(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "Our TE who was 5th in the league in snaps, who played on a team with the 13th most pass attempts, finished 24th in receptions!!!  Why would we want to upgrade here???"

If you want to continue this debate please grow up and address what I actually say.

In Uzomah we have a solid starting TE.  Not near the top but he has shown that he can be more productive than many TEs starting for other teams.  It is absurd to claim that he would be cut by every team in the league except the Bengals.  We also have Drew Sample who is a middle of the road TE.  Obviously not near the top, but when thrust into the #1 role he outperformed the best TEs on several other NFL teams.  Not a downfield threat, but very dependable.  His catch% of 75.5 actually ranked 5th in the league among the 31 TEs with at last 30 receptions.

So I would not mind an upgrade at TE.  But if we have both of these guys healthy as a duo they are FAR from the ABSOLUTE bottom of the barrel.  In fact I would say they are above average.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample... - fredtoast - 03-19-2021, 12:09 PM