Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
(03-19-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: but it is silly to say that a guy who had a year like this has "accomplished virtually nothing" in his career.

The man has played in this league for SIX years and has career totals of 1,084 yards and 8 TD's.

Believe it or not, I'm very careful in how I word things.  Or at least I try to be.  Prefacing "nothing" with "virtually" is pretty significant IMO.  There's a difference.  Had I said he accomplished "nothing" that means something entirely different than "virtually nothing".

I'm sorry, big picture, entirity of his career, he has accomplished very little.  If you take exception to "virtually nothing" then you can pick your word choice or expression. 

Same goes for "bottom of the barrel".  I use that to mean among the worst, not the worst (maybe I'm using it wrong).  Similar to how I would say Natty Light is a bottom of the barrel beer.  I don't mean that to mean it's 100% the worst beer, I mean it falls in that category that is filled with Busch Ice, Steel Reserve, Milwaukees Best, etc. They're all shitty beers, and they're all among the worst.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample... - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021, 12:09 PM