Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
(03-19-2021, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is absurd to claim that he would be cut by every team in the league except the Bengals.

In this current situation, no I don't think it is.

Due 6.3 million dollars, with his career production, in the last year of his contract, coming off an achilies tear, and on a team that has no other quality receiving Tight End....  I think that gets cut him pretty much anywhere.

But maybe I'm wrong.  I'll be glad to admit that there is no way to prove this.  Hell, there might be a team or two out there that is just as stupid as we would be if we keep this guy at that dollar amount.

But whether he gets cuts by 31 teams, or 30 teams, or 28 teams, or even he cuts by most teams, I don't think that really changes the argument all that much.  It's pretty much semantics.

But here, I'll change to something more digestable for you:  "There are very few teams that would keep CJ Uzomah on the books this year in this situation."

You don't make a guy who has averaged less than 200 yards receiving a year, and is coming off a major injury the 15th highest paid Tight End in the league, which is what he will be if we choose to keep him.  That's just a ridiculous waste of  money.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample... - Wes Mantooth - 03-19-2021, 12:27 PM