Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow makes pitch for Golladay
(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The team was also active in FA last year and it didn't seem to make a difference with the product on the field.  Some of that is due to injuries, but some due to coaching changes the org refuses to make and some of it due to not bringing in top-tier FAs.  Just being active doesn't mean automatic improvement.  

This team is reallllllly good at raising hope, though.  They've done a good job this offseason of trying to pump some life back into the fanbase with the new unis, the ROH, the changes to the season ticket packages, etc.  And while I would not call this an A+ FA, they've been active for the second year in a row, which I certainly love to see.  

The biggest question mark in my mind has been and continues to be whether this coaching staff can round the corner and figure out to make this a winning team on the field or whether it'll be another year of banging our heads against the wall and blaming the players for all lack of success.

Of the two biggest Free Agents last year, Waynes never saw the field, and Reader was hurt early in the season. XFS was hurt most of the season. We didn't see a big difference because they weren't on the field. I loved what I saw from Vonn Bell and Mackenzie Alexander, but most of the FA class simply wasn't available. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow makes pitch for Golladay - Sled21 - 03-19-2021, 08:36 PM