Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
(03-19-2021, 09:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trubisky is bad but he had more wins than the scrapheap vets the Bears paid like 50 million bucks to play with the same teams.  They overpaid and in one case traded for Glennon, Foles and now Dalton and gave them all starter money forfar less wins than bust Mitch fell into.

Nuts to Mitch but geez does their GM stink. 

Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter, but I know off the top of my head he started a game that Foles came in and won, so it's more like 28-21
Foles is 2-5, but I'll call it 3-5
Glennon went 1-3
and I know football is a team game, but since Trunbisky came into the league Dalton has gone 18-31

So the Bears cut bait on a guy on a rookie deal who went 28-21 but burned up their checkbook and spent a 4th round pick to get vet QBs who went 4-8 in the same system and now they're adding a guy who hasn't had a winning season since 2015 to take over at QB in the most "Bears" move ever.  Keep in mind their GM not only handed out huge awful contracts to Glennon, Foles, and Dalton (time will tell if it pays off, I guess) but he also traded up in the 2017 draft so he could grab Trubisky because he was terrified of being stuck with Watson or Mahommes.  Ouch.

The Bears were a wild card team in 2020 (I can see why people would forget they were, honestly) and they even went 12-4 and won the division in 2018.  Dalton making them a wild card team isn't exactly progress.

Have a few friends up in Chicago part of letting him go with "attitude".. not well liked in the clubhouse is the vibe and the cut bait with him even with a winning record seems to lend to that thinking.. Dalton/Foles are solid enough to move Chicago especially if they can improve in depth at WR and couple other areas on offense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear - Essex Johnson - 03-20-2021, 03:06 PM