Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will Players Start Being Excited To Come Here?
(03-20-2021, 09:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really don't think the city itself has much to do with it.

Of course, some players might like big cities like NY, LA and Chi, but they're also met with higher taxes and higher costs of living.  It's a trade-off.

Is Cincinnti any less desirable than say a Kansas City, or a Pittsbugh, or a Green Bay, or a Cleveland, or a Minneaoplis?  (I personally don't think so.)

Are guys lining up to play in places like Detroit, DC and Baltimore for their respective cities, or will they be moving out in to the burbs?

The real problems that hurt this team are completely self inflicted:  Money (guarantees), winning (lack of), and lack of facilities and ammentities.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the practice facility thing is such an embarrassment.  I don't think people can fully appreciate just how much of a bush league move it is to have professional athletes practicing in the cold and the rain and the snow.  I guarantee you the players hate it and think it's a total joke.

If we start winning some games, if we're willing to compete on guaranteed dollars, and if we finally build an indoor facility, we can attract people just as easily as the KC's of the world.  There's nothing wrong with this town.

Nothing is stopping the Bengals from being as attractive as any other midwest market other than themselves.

Yeah, I almost went into the practice facility more but then realized that I'd just be beating a dead horse and it would make me mad.  

We're being active in free agency so it looks like Katie and Troy are actually taking winning seriously, so I'm hoping that Mike Brown is so out of it by next offseason that he can't say no when they finally say that we're building a practice bubble.  

Hell, do like the Steelers did and just join together with UC and build a bubble to share.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Players Start Being Excited To Come Here? - BFritz21 - 03-20-2021, 09:48 PM