Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-21-2021, 01:45 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: from your scenario  i guess QBs are very underrated since you have Brady and Mahomes in 1/2 those games... lol... it is a small sample but you do know if Uzomah averaged for the year what he did first two games, he would have ended up top 5 TE in the league but still with only around 700 yards... no way am i taking my #5 with a Tight End

When we all agree that QB is important, didn't think we'd need to do a visualization.  I was only highlighting that the really good teams typically had really good tight ends.  But sure, I'll play along:

55: KC (Mahomes) vs TB (Brady)

54: SF (Jimmy G)* vs KC (Mahomes)
53: NE (Brady) vs LAR (Goff)*
52:NE (Brady) vs Phi (Wentz)
51: NE (Brady) vs Falcons (Ryan)
50: CAR (Cam) vs DEN (Peyton)

Mahomes cracks the list twice.  The Goat is here a grand total of 4 times.  Ryan and Cam were having MVP seasons.

Peyton gets a pass for being Peyton, but that last season was really carried by the rest of the team.
Jimmy G and Goff were serviceable the years they went to the Super Bowl.  Good QBs are indeed important.

As far as C.J. goes...I think he's lukewarm water.  If I'm thirsty, I'll drink it, but if you offer me ice, why would I turn it down? 2 TE sets are also important.  In that case Pitts/CJ is way better than CJ/Sample.  [Image: z0g4WEw.png]

My problem with the Bengals in general is raising players above their status simply because we like them. "He'd be top 5 if only...." If only what?
A.) He stayed healthy?
B.) He had a season with over 50 catches?
C.) He had a season with 500 yards?
D.) He had more than 10 career TD receptions?
E.) All of the above.

I think CJ is a fine player. I like having him for depth. He can produce.  However, I don't think CJ is even in the conversation for top 10 TEs in the league. If you want to say O Line is more important in the draft, it probably is, but I'm willing to wait to see what happens with free agency before crossing that road.  But the reasoning of CJ Uzomah is on the roster so we should pass on a generational TE is pretty horrible IMO. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - CardCounterChris - 03-21-2021, 02:00 AM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM