Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-21-2021, 01:48 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So, those teams also all had good offensive lines that allowed their QB to stay healthy and win games and get them through the season.

Why are people so eager to get Burrow killed again??

Let's be real. This team isn't going to the Super Bowl next season. They just aren't there yet. There is several holes that need to be filled and still upgrades to be made that one draft isn't going to fix.

Pitts is a waste on a team that has Jordan and XSF as starting guards. Chase is a waste on a team that has Jordan and XSF as starting guards.

I'm not saying they aren't talented but they aren't the talent we need on this team right now.

This team needs 3 more guys on the O-line (Hopkins is hurt and could be upgraded anyways) to be stout and consistent.

When you have a full season of 5 guys working together and keeping Burrow off IR, then go get any toy you want at any position. Until you have 5 guys keeping him safe, stop wasting picks.

Above in another comment I stated I'd rather have Sewell.  Let's be honest, any player can bust.  Does Sewell look like a future HoF lineman, he sure does!  He's also really young with not a lot of college ball behind him.  Do I think a tackle is slightly less valuable now that we secured Riley Reiff? Yes, but he's also not a long term solution.  I'm 100% on board with Sewell.  But lets say we pick up another Guard or two in free agency.  Is Sewell still more important for this year than Pitts?

I'm not so much advocating the pick should be Pitts or Chase as I am saying that to think if we end up with either of them that the team is doomed from the start.  Honestly, I'd be happy with any of the three and how the team fills the rest of the roster around that pick is far more relevant.

EDIT: MY order of preference as of today where we sit with FA signings would be: Sewell>Pitts>Chase. But all 3 have the potential to be worthy of a top 5 pick long term.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - CardCounterChris - 03-21-2021, 02:04 AM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM