Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dey Indeed - Reiff less than 5 million cap hit in 2021
(03-20-2021, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is all bonus money in year 2 and not guaranteed. My guess is Reiff has the option to decline the year 2 versus the team. Or the team can offer him another longer term deal.

But either way, I love it, great contract for the team.

I would not object to having Geno back, wonder if he would consider a similar contract.

Nah, it's what's called a voidable year.

It's a one year contract, but the Bengals have elected to put some of his 2021 money onto 2022.  I know that sounds confusing and I probably did a terrible job explaining it (because I really don't know how it works exactly myself).

This is something that's kinda of new, and frankly I'm kinda shocked to see the Bengals jump on board this early.  They're usally pretty vanilla with their contracts and how they spread out the cap.

If you want to get even more confused I just found this if you want to read up.  Enjoy and good luck...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/3/16/22334000/nfl-free-agency-tom-brady-taysom-hill-voidable-years
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Dey Indeed - Reiff less than 5 million cap hit in 2021 - Wes Mantooth - 03-21-2021, 02:43 AM