Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Border Crossings On Pace For Two-Decade High
(03-21-2021, 12:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The LA Times is reporting that border crossings are on pace for a two-decade high because people see the end of the Trump administration has opened the border.

The LA Times is normally a left-leaning outlet, so it speaks volumes that they're criticizing Biden. I saw an article today (or maybe it was a video) that said that even some liberal news outlets are turning on Biden now. I haven't looked into it and obviously not all because some outlets will protect liberals to the bitter end, but it spoke loudly to me.

Trump was taking a stance on immigration, which Democrats don't seem to want to take a firm stance on real issues, especially with Biden as President, which the rest of the world seems to be seeing:

When people are being apprehended, it seems like Biden has put nothing in place to handle all fo the immigrants:

There's more in the article, but you get the idea.

Those seem like human rights violations when Trump was being bashed for separating children from their families, which Biden is still doing and much worse, so why is there no outcry? Why are people not calling Biden a ruthless animal?

So, a decades long problem of not enough resources to process the immigrants (something we talked about all throughout the past four years and back into Obama's time) as well as people selling false promises to these migrants so they can make money (capitalism baby!) is Biden's fault? When there hasn't really been any significant policy shift in the border policies other than allowing unaccompanied minors into the country? I mean, I read the entire article and that was the only discernible change in policy I could make out and the rest of the boost in border crossings was attributed to the perception, not reality that border policies had been loosened. In fact, they even talked to one woman that was sent back after being lied to by a smuggler because the Biden administration hadn't actually changed the policy.

As to your last bit, that's a lie. The Biden administration is not separating families that cross the border. They ended that policy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Border Crossings On Pace For Two-Decade High - Belsnickel - 03-21-2021, 09:26 AM