Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
Sewell.

#1 Priority: Protect Burrow.
#2 Priority: Get a running game.

Reiff is a nice stopgap. But is 32. We now have 2/5 lineman who are above average. Go get Sewell, who has a chance to be dominant for a decade.

Get some vet help at guard plus draft another IOL in round 2 or 3.

Toys are nice. But if your QB is running for his life all the time, they are useless. Look at Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Plus, if you can run it, you can keep your defense off the field if it is shaky. Especially with Burrow at QB.

Plus, if you see a problem, fix it. The Brown upgraded their OL and were suddenly a PO team. Not a coincidence. I'd go get at least 2 more OL. Maybe 3. Draft Sewell for sure. He has a chance to be generational. Move Jonah (or Reiff) inside. I prefer Jonah because I do not like tall guards (leverage issues). Jonah is 6'4". Reiff & Sewell 6'6". Plus, Williams has short arms. Let it play out in camp, though. 2 best Ts start, #3 to OG.

Anyway, those 3 plus Hopkins start. I'd take a G/C type in round 2 or 3 (WR in the other). I'd also take a swing at a vet guard on the cheap in FA. Let that guy compete with the pick and XSF for the other G spot.

OT: Sewell, Reiff, F. Johnson, Adeniji.
G: Williams (OT#3), VetG, Draft pick, XSF
C: Hopkins, Price

Stick Jordan on the PS to see if Pollack can fix him. Pollack will have a trove of yoyng guys (Sewell, Jonah, IOL pick, F. Johnson, Adeniji, Jordan, even Price). We'll be set at OT and be picking later after this year. You can get elite TEs, Guards, and Centers in round 2. Elite WRs in late 1st (look at Jefferson last year). OTs, not so much.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-21-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM