Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-21-2021, 05:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, you must be REALLY high on Sewell.

If you're basing our overall performance off that one pick, to the point where we if we go elsewhere we're destined to fail, that must be you think he's coming in and playing at a Pro Bowl level immediately.

To each their own, but I think a lot of people might be disappointed in year 1.  Their expectations are entirely way too high for a 20 year old kid with only 20 starts in college.

Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw coming in means that Jordan isn't starting at Guard. That is what I am high on. I'm all in on making sure Burrow doesn't need a 2nd knee surgery.

I don't understand how people think you can draft Chase or Pitts and then trot Jordan out there at G and think it will be all good.

Right now you have XSF and Jordan as starters... that is beyond terrible by NFL standards. If you waste a pick in round 1 on TE/WR you now have to go O-line in round 2. And maybe you replace Jordan? Maybe... then you hit round 3, and if you go to replace XSF, you now ignored the edge rusher position we need.

There is too many holes to fix in one draft. So, if you have to pick what holes to fix, plug the holes that keep Burrow healthy. I can't understand why people want this kid under-siege again every snap.... it is just madness.

For Sewell at 6'6" and 331 pounds, you can stick him at G (like we did with Whitworth) and let him maul people for a season and just develop while keeping Burrow safe.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - Murdock2420 - 03-21-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM