Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith
The Smith vs Chase debate is one that I struggle with. When I watch Smith, I see a star. He is an amazing route runner, he is insanely shifty and he seems really fast. But when I look at his measurables, they scare me.

When I watch Chase, I see a really good player who knows how high point the ball, but his routes are not as impressive as Smith's and he doesn't seem as agile. Then I look at his measurables and see he's only 6'0" and wonder if his best asset, his ability to high point the ball, will translate to the NFL.

I am impressed by both and wouldn't mind taking either at 5 but, if Smith were like 15 lbs heavier, I think he would be the undisputed #1 WR prospect in this class. Neither is a "perfect" prospect like Calvin Johnson or even AJ Green. They both have their warts and you kind of wonder if they were maybe a product of their system to some extent. Given that hesitance about their prospect quality, the idea of taking one at 5 is a little intimidating. I wonder where they'd rank in the class from 2020.

My gut is telling me that I would avoid both and just draft Sewell, but I'd feel pretty silly if one or the other becomes a star in the NFL where Sewell is simply "good."

It's a tough call. I kind of want Pitts because he is truly an elite prospect at his position. He is the Calvin Johnson level prospect of TEs. Seems like a more foolproof way of spending our top 5 pick, if given the chance.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith - kevin - 03-18-2021, 03:13 AM
RE: Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith - yang - 03-21-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith - IcoHolic - 03-21-2021, 01:36 PM
RE: Sign Reiff, Draft DeVonta Smith - CJD - 03-21-2021, 06:04 PM