Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Prospect Rankings
(03-21-2021, 05:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know exactly when these were posted, but NFL.com has released their initial rankings for prospects and there are some interesting takes buried in there.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/

For example, they have Kyle Pitts as the 2nd overall prospect behind Lawrence, followed by Smith and Chase in that order.

Also, Slater is ranked slightly higher than Sewell (6.74 vs 6.73) and they are only 9th and 10th prospects in the class, respectively.

They have Travis Etienne as the 11th prospect, so I guess their rankings simply don't take positional value into account in any way.

Wilson and Lance are 13th and 14th overall and graded right next to each other at 6.5 and 6.47, respectively.

Darrisaw is rated the 18th prospect overall and Justin Fields is 19th.

There are a couple other minor surprises like Cosmi is ranked all the way down at 70th, which would mean he could be available in the third round, which doesn't sound right after the pro day he had, but maybe.

I always liked NFL.com's prospect profiles because they have very clear pro and cons, with a pro comparison and a little description, so they're really good for doing a quick check about a prospect without having to watch any video of them, but I'm not sure how accurate they are to how the teams feel compared to other rating sites. Regardless, I found them interesting so thought I'd share.

They do their overall beakdown of just the best prospects in the draft regardless of position and obviously their position groupings.

Pitts has all the physical tools and talent to be a major force and miss match at the next level. People need to not see “TE” and group him as such, regardless of if we use the TE in this system (as I’ve heard before on here). He is a PLAYMAKER a pass catcher who happens to line up IN LINE but can be split out all over the formation.

Another player that is ridiculously intriguing is Parson. The way he can be used as a side line to side line LB with explosion and speed, and then have him come off the edge on obvious passing downs... wow!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL.com Prospect Rankings - CJD - 03-21-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - Fulcher_33 - 03-21-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - CJD - 03-21-2021, 09:07 PM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - pulses - 03-22-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - Goalpost - 03-22-2021, 10:34 AM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - ochocincos - 03-22-2021, 01:51 PM
RE: NFL.com Prospect Rankings - ochocincos - 03-22-2021, 02:04 PM