Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-21-2021, 09:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals collective minds feel.there isnt a RT thats ready to.be drafted and able to start Day 1.
Hence they signed Reiff to be a one year bridge and help
The learning process of a new RT being drafted.
I can see offensive playmaker in.RD 1, oline RDs 2 and 3.

My best guess on the situation is they might want to draft Sewell, and start him at Guard.  While most can easily see Sewell's high ceiling, it's also evident from watching extended looks of his college play, that he could use another year of developing and refining his techniques, as well as physically growing into NFL strength and reactions.

In the event that Sewell is not on board at #5, I think the Bengals start entertaining offers to trade back, for the possibility of picking up another 2nd round pick, and reevaluate the board from whatever slot they move to.

I know this next part will piss some people off, but it's how I view the situation.  The Bengals taking a Pass Catcher at #5 would just be plain foolhardy.  They don't NEED a top pass catcher to improve the team from last year.  They do NEED to keep Joe Burrow safe and upright, as well as develop a dependable rushing attack to keep defenses honest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - SunsetBengal - 03-21-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM