Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-21-2021, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My best guess on the situation is they might want to draft Sewell, and start him at Guard.  While most can easily see Sewell's high ceiling, it's also evident from watching extended looks of his college play, that he could use another year of developing and refining his techniques, as well as physically growing into NFL strength and reactions.

In the event that Sewell is not on board at #5, I think the Bengals start entertaining offers to trade back, for the possibility of picking up another 2nd round pick, and reevaluate the board from whatever slot they move to.

I know this next part will piss some people off, but it's how I view the situation.  The Bengals taking a Pass Catcher at #5 would just be plain foolhardy.  They don't NEED a top pass catcher to improve the team from last year.  They do NEED to keep Joe Burrow safe and upright, as well as develop a dependable rushing attack to keep defenses honest.

While I agree that protecting Burrow is priority number 1... I think some of us are thinking we're better off in the skill department than we are. Granted... I think Higgins is gonna be the shit. I know he's not a finished product yet, and he may well explode this year. Tyler Boyd is a nice number 2. Neither one of em had 1000 yards last year, and we ain't exactly a run first team. I know an injury, Taylor putting a leash on Tee early, and to some extent terrible QB play were factors, but still...

I think if BPA is a pass catcher at 5, you pull the trigger. There is a lack of talent, and depth on this team, and it needs addressed. If it's Chase, Boyd will probably be around 30 when he's up for extension. There's literally nobody behind those two guys.

Having said all that; I want Sewell at 5.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - jason - 03-21-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM