Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will Players Start Being Excited To Come Here?
(03-21-2021, 02:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Calling that thing they have at PBS an indoor facility is absolutely ridiculous.  It's a converted basketball court with astroturf on it.

It's probably between 25-35 yards long and between 15-25 feet wide.  It also has lowered ceilings.

Picture standing on a basketball court (I'm sure we've all been on one before).  Now picture that court being filled with at 80 grown men on it, many of which are extemely large. (53 man Roster + 10 man practice squad + the 17 coaches that are listed on the Bengals website + misc staff)

If you picture that setting you'll quickly realize having any semblence of practice there is absolutely absured.  You couldn't even participate in a walkthrough.  You can't punt, you can't kick, you can drop back more than 5 yards and throw it more than 15 without running the risk of your receiver running into a wall.

That's gotta be used for position groups, or for less than 20 people at a time, going through the most basic of drills and moves.  Just to put into complete perspective, it's so small yyou can't even time the 40 yard dash in it.

As far as UC, I think it's interesting use the word "necessary", "that they hey can use it when it's necessary".  What do you deem as necessary?  Is it only snow?  Is it cold?  It it rain?  When exactly is it necessary?

Fwiw, my buddy used to work in UC's athletic department.  He told me a couple of years ago that if he had to guess the Bengals had used UC's bubble less than a dozen times in the years since it had been built (would have neen about 7 years at this point).  So they rarely use it. 

You should know too that UC's bubble isn't just available at the Bengals beckon call.  UC isn't going to ever move one of their own programs out to accomidate the Bengals.  If it's scheduled to be used by any of their sports teams then you're SOL if wanna try to book it.

To recap, the Bengals basically have a 30 yard long putt-putt hole at PBS that isn't an indoor facility.  And UC has a facility, not the Bengals.  Although they have let the Bengals rent it a few times over the years.

Quit trying to make excuses for them.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if they are going to build an indoor facility, Covington is the place to do it. Lot's of available space across the bridge.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Players Start Being Excited To Come Here? - Sled21 - 03-22-2021, 12:22 PM