Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(03-22-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: All I'm saying is if covid was the scourge people are making it out to be to the point of convincing people to be human lab rats, we would have a crap ton more than 500k elderly/people with underlying conditions dead over 16 months.

The final death toll will be far less than it would have been if it had left unchecked. How do we know that? We know that the spread was in fact curtailed by the various measures put in place because the Flu data showed dramatic drops because of these same measures. I have heard some people say, "The flu drop is because people are calling it COVID". The reality is that it's the exact opposite, in no time have we ever tested more people to confirm a diagnosis than we have over the last year.

While I see you constantly demean the lives of 500k people, underlying conditions can be "obese" based on BMI which I hate to tell you most of the country would meet that criteria. Also, note that BMI-based "obesity" is a horrible metric that doesn't actually take into account health or body composition. For instance, I am obese by the metric but have a body fat below 12%. If I died from COVID, I would be classified in the data as having a pre-existing condition. Now you might say, but you wouldn't die, but that is the issue with simply using data because the data doesn't tell the story. There are plenty of stories we have seen of perfectly healthy middle-aged people who did in fact die. I was fortunate when I got it that I was Asymptomatic, however, a fellow employee who I'd argue is a similar body composition to me ended up in the hospital and received assistance for his breathing at one point.

You will probably bring up heart disease again, and I would counter with more people have died in a year from COVID than all U.S. casualties from war since WW2. It's not to say heart disease isn't a big deal, but heart disease is not the same as something that spreads hence why it takes a community effort to combat it. Masks, quarantines, vaccines are this current world's version of doing your part for a war effort against an enemy that can be defeated if we pull together. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 03-22-2021, 04:57 PM