Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(03-22-2021, 11:33 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The Bengals absolutely need to improve from last year.  They were 30th in red zone efficiency.  Higgins and Boyd combined for all of 10 TD’s on the year.  Tate and Thomas are bench players at best. The two TE’s had one TD each. Clearly, the WR and TE rooms lack both talent and depth.  What happens when a starter goes down.  It gets ugly quick.

We’ll see we’re they end up post-FA but a significant player is heavily needed.  I can’t get on board with the thought that a receiver/TE at #5 is a “luxury”. They get Golladay and this isn’t a conversation.  We didn’t.

Sewell’s pro-day looms large.  He puts on a show, he is likely not going to be there at #5 anyway.  Trading down is an armchair GM favorite tool.  Unfortunately, the FO isn’t very good at this.

The fact the Bengals media says we’re taking Sewell more than likely means they are heavily exploring other options.  No one believes what team media says this time of year anyway (or shouldn’t).

Ok Coach, you do realize that it's much easier to rush the passer and defend versus the pass, when the defense doesn't respect your rushing attack, right?

If you load up on pass catching weapons, and put your newly healed franchise QB back out there with only a slightly improved line, then what do you have?  You have a beat up QB, and an offense that still can't convert in the red zone, because they can convert a 3rd and 2 on the ground to save their lives.  That's what you have..

For the record, I'm not saying that the Bengals don't need to add receiving talent, because they do. However, they don't need superstar level talent to accomplish this. Simple role players that are good at their respective jobs will do. The good talent is needed on OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - SunsetBengal - 03-22-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM