Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a stupid question about guns for a Sunday night
(03-22-2021, 07:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm friends (not professional acquaintances) with 20+ gunowners.  I've gone shooting with all of them several times.  We have never had even one such incident between all of us combined.  Learn your manual of arms and follow the basic rules at all times and firearms are as safe as any mechanical item.  I clear my firearms after shooting, before I place them in the range bag/rifle case, before I clean them and before I store them.  Hell, I check them every time I pick them up, even if I checked it two minutes ago.  Good habits prevent horrible accidents.

Yea somebody could clear a gun as I watch and hand it to me and the first thing I do is clear it myself. Pretty simple stuff to play it safe.

I actually witnessed a cook off too. We were doing another live fire drill us machine gunners were set up in a berm. Riflemen we’re going in clearing a trench system. Some super high up (maybe a one star or something can’t remember) showed up and watched for awhile then wanted to go down range and see what the setup was down there. Apparently one of the machine gunners didn’t do a very good job clearing their weapon because the officer started making their way down range we were off smoking and joking and bam one of the 240G’s sitting up on the tripod with no one around went off. I can’t recall anybody’s head rolling after that though which is surprising.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just a stupid question about guns for a Sunday night - NATI BENGALS - 03-22-2021, 09:49 PM