Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
Every year there is this myth that after such and such WR the class drops off...

If that was true, then how do you account for the top 10 in receiving yards?

#1 - Diggs 5th round
#2 - Kelce 3rd round
#3 - Hopkins pick 27
#4 - Jefferson pick 22 (5th WR taken)
#5 - Adams 2nd round
#6 - Ridley pick 26
#7 - Metcalf round 2
#8 - T. Hill round 5
#9 - A. Robinson round 2
#10 - Darren Waller round 6

Only one guy in the top 15 in yards was taken in the top 10 picks. Cooper at 14. Right after him is Robby Anderson an UDFA.

I sat here last year and debated with Nico and others that we shouldn't take Burrow. Not because he wasn't a good prospect but because the team had too many holes and he would get hurt. He did.

Fast forward. We still have too many holes. Again, we need to get a Munoz, Willie Anderson type to anchor the line and give it an attitude and you don't find those guys in round 3 and 4. One guy with an attitude who can be the anchor can change the vibe of the line completely. There is two maybe 3 guys this draft class who fit that bill. Sewell for sure, Slater certainly, and maybe Darrisaw. They have the ability to come in and change your entire line. 3 of the 5 All Pro offensive lineman were taken 1st round and top 10. That's where you find these guys that can just come in and make a change.

If you aren't taking one of those guys, you need to trade down and stockpile picks and pray you hit on several pieces for the team. It's not hard to find WR's and TE's in round 2 and beyond. The best WR in Bengals history was a 2nd rounder.

Outside of that. I'm not going continue typing out a discussion about this. Half the fanbase is in the get Pitts or Chase camp at all costs. Then there is another half on here that realize the line is garbage and has been ignored and you need to throw a lot of picks at it to fix it.

No one is going to change their mind no matter what stats are shown. So, I'm just taking a break cause in the end you all still want the same thing as me (well all except one poster who I really believe is a mouth piece for the Brown family or something) and that is for the team to win.

And, come the season, I'll be talking with you all in gameday threads cursing about drops and Taylor's coaching and Lou's horrible defense again. So, there is no reason to have such hostility with anyone that isn't a steeler fan. Hope you all have a great spring, I'll check back after the draft and see how everyone feels about the picks.

Stay healthy and stay safe.

Who Dey

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - Murdock2420 - 03-23-2021, 03:21 AM
RE: Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason - IcoHolic - 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM