Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
They were innocent and on death row.
(03-23-2021, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All I'm saying is let's at least be honest. Then we can go from there and look at disparities.

For whatever reason, it seems white people have a  much higher propensity to go on rampages.  Atlanta last week, and I'm guessing the Colorado person.  I have no idea why.

I think the problem is when you look at any of the studies no matter how many white people or men vs women are on death row it is hard to overlook the disparity.

https://www.aclu.org/other/race-and-death-penalty

The arguments against the death penalty then get the "boost" of also being about how race plays such a seemingly large role in it.

That's not to say white men aren't caught up in the mistakes made either but rather that they are focusing on the majority who are.

Like if we did a study on anything that showed more white men are affected but that it also affects women and minorities it doesn't take away from the smaller group to emphasize who is affected the most.

If the death penalty cases showed more white men were falsely accused/convicted...then I would still be posting the same way that it is a flawed system.

Let's not miss the forest for the trees.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: They were innocent and on death row. - GMDino - 03-23-2021, 10:06 AM