Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
They were innocent and on death row.
(03-23-2021, 05:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean the person you're responding to misrepresented your statement?  I, for one, am shocked.  As for the moral issue question, I doubt many people would have many (any) qualms about executing a person like Richard Ramirez or some other murderer/sadist.  I think the morality issue comes into play by state sanctioning of such killing.  Personally, I have zero issue with monstrous person being executed, but the chance of killing an innocent person is an issue for me.  Also, as I said, I think making someone rot away in a cell until the expire is a far worse punishment.  I doubt any of us can even fathom being incarcerated for 50+ years.

I get the innocent person thing. I’m probably leaning against the death penalty because of that, but for some reason I can’t fully come over in my head. I won’t be overwrought when it’s finally gone.

I’m not sure about life in prison as humans have a very large capacity to adapt. I’m not saying it wouldn’t suck, but I think like most things people adapt. Now some of those prisons like you have in CA are a different story. Those look crazy scary.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: They were innocent and on death row. - michaelsean - 03-23-2021, 05:32 PM