Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers LB Threatened Burfict
Oh, this just keeps getting better and better, lol.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/payback-s-a-mitch-steelers-safety-sounds-off-on-cincinnati/article_1d6007ce-833d-11e5-b7a6-bf9476984243.html

PITTSBURGH -- Apparently, Mike Mitchell is a player for whom the NFL's 10-minute post-game cool-down period is just not enough. Three days later, the Steelers safety was still fuming over last week's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

And on Wednesday, Mitchell vented.

Mitchell's pointed comments were aimed directly at Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, whose tackle on Le'Veon Bell ended the star running back's season, and also at Cincinnati tight end Marvin Jones, who he laid out with a big hit in the second quarter. Afterward, Jones deemed Mitchell "fake tough," words that the safety clearly did not appreciate.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said of Jones. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot and he probably would have been out a lot longer.

"I thought it was a perfectly legal hit. I just got up and celebrated with my sideline. I didn't know the guy was hurt. You can kind of feel it and hear it when you stick a guy. They make a certain noise. I knew I stuck him good and it was a good, clean hit. It was a good one."

He said he had no regrets about the hit on Jones, a large photo of which hung from the walls outside the Steelers locker room Wednesday on the South Side, or the criticism he received for his demonstrative reaction afterward.

"Absolutely not," he said. "I watched Vontaze Burfict hurt Le'Veon Bell, get up and jump and run to his bench. I wish I would have went low (on Jones)."

A few plays later, Mitchell was assessed a 15-yard personal foul for taunting, reportedly for telling Bengals star receiver A.J. Green that he would be "next." Mitchell said it was one of "multiple conversations" he had Sunday and reminded reporters that it was only the second time in two years that he was flagged for that penalty.

"We're not choir boys, guys," said Mitchell, who cleared the NFL's concussion protocol and was a full participant in practice Wednesday after being injured in the fourth quarter Sunday. "It's reality. When you see that, it's real. It's not Boy Scouts."

Mitchell said he's looking forward to this Sunday's game against Oakland. It'll be a chance to play against the team that drafted him and played the first four years of his career for and maybe reminisce with some old teammates. But a part of him can't help but look ahead to the Steelers' Week 14 grudge match against the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.

"I'm from the Cincinnati area and I have a very good memory," Mitchell warned.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - Trademark - 11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - Carp - 11-03-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - McC - 11-04-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - 3wt - 11-04-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - Carp - 11-04-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-04-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - jason - 11-04-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - jason - 11-04-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - jason - 11-04-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Steelers LB Threatened Burfict - McC - 11-05-2015, 12:19 AM