Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-21-2021, 05:53 AM)hollodero Wrote:
Dill Wrote: Wrote: I only brought up the incel movement to explain why, as Dino says, there is a stereotype of frustrated white males who kill women, but so far as I know, none of frustrated black males who commit this kind of crime.

I don't know about that. I seem to remember an Asian guy though, responsible for the Virginia Tech shooting, that had issues with females. Not quite feasible to stereotype Asians based on that though. There's also "honor killings", this stuff does happen, but one should (and I agree) shy away from painting Muslims as potential honor killers.
But yeah I think the stereotype of white frustrated killers imho stems from a certain willingness to stereotype white people in a manner you would not quite that easily stereotype asian men, or muslim/latino/black men. It's the woke thing to do, somehow.
Sorry I am late getting back to this.  

Just a quick note here: "issues with females" is an incredibly broad category. The possible application to the Atlanta case is a man who blames women for arousing him. For that to happen, there has to be a certain kind of shame, internally experienced, and conception of women as source of sin. We don't find that in every culture. It is not uncommon among fundamentalist Christians, who feel especially guilty about such temptations. God can see into their minds. So how does one stop that? I don't see why men of other ethnicities would not be subject to this, provided they have the right "training" and in enough numbers.  

Honor killings are not a response to sexual arousal. And also are not limited to Muslims, and do not stem from Islam but from pre-existing culture in some areas.  Some Christians do this and it is a big problem among Hindus as well. In the U.S. and Europe it is almost exclusively Muslim, practiced among immigrants, hence the association. The VTech shooter may have had two stalking incidents, but his 1,800 page manifesto/suicide note mainly complained about "the wealthy" and snotty rich kids.

I don't know what was in Dino's head when he referred to the "typical" frustrated white offender, but I assumed he was targeting a specific kind of attack on women, not just "issues" in some broad sense.  The Southern Baptist Church has counseling programs for people who suffer from "sex addiction" as they understand it. Which means the counseling will be psychology (the mental health discipline) mixed with a Biblical and "Christ-centered" understanding of how "sin" operates in the mind (NOT part of psychology, the mental health discipline).  They are acutely aware of this "secret sin" problem and how it torments their believers. https://www.baptistpress.com/resource-library/news/sexual-addiction-tragedy-prompts-seminary-conference/. The "stereotype" of this kind of male behavior is also not just about murder. It includes televangelists who rail for years about the evil women who seduce men, only to find themselves arrested for soliciting.

Anyway, that's the "stereotype" I assumed Dino was referring to. 

(03-21-2021, 05:53 AM)hollodero Wrote: He was called Mesut Özil, he played in Europe and for Germany. I'm sure he got called something bad within his earlier life. I still called him an asshat for openly supporting Erdogan. Which wouldn't fly with leftist people, who rather blamed Germany and Germany's brown spots. Because white dude is always at fault and it's always the cool stance to take.

Yes, I know of Özil. One of the best midfielders in the world, or was.  I remember reading an article some years back when he played for the national team, and he was complaining of racism in Germany.

But I find it hard to believe anyone is violating a PC rule by criticizing him for supporting Erdogan. 

I forgive your attack on this non-European from a Muslim country, if that is any consolation. Tell your social media friends that you know an American familiar with Critical Race Theory who says it's ok.  (Don't give them my name, though.) 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Dill - 03-24-2021, 01:02 PM