Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(03-24-2021, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, good thing I didn't say anything about "Assault rifles" then?

No, you just mentioned AR15s and stated you can't understand why anyone should own one.

Quote:Anywho the problem is even if there is evidence that something might work, even a little bit, there will be resistance from the "slippery slope" folks.  It doesn't matter how popular the change would be with the public as long as there is a vocal group fighting it and money pouring into politicians to keep them from enacting it.

No, it doesn't matter how popular with the public it is to violate the Constitution, you are correct.  As for the "slippery slope" you have only yourself, your ilk and the Democrats to blame for this.  They constantly want more, after every shooting the demand for more curtailment grows.  Remember, "Hell yes we're coming for your AR15's, for you AK47's"?  Every single person who cares about gun ownership rights does, and they will never forget it.  Like I said, you blew any chance of compromise long ago when the real end game was outed.

Quote:To that latter I've heard "we need to address the problem" a dozen times since the last shooting but they never say what the problem is or how they would address such a thing.  Other than "keep bad guys out/build a wall".  I did see that tweeted today.

Odd that you'd say that, considering two of the most knowledgeable posters on the forum on this topic just agreed that all of your proposals will have minimal to zero effect on gun violence, with the exception of a waiting period, on which they both agreed.  Seems like there is an agreement on addressing the problem, it's just an agreement that actually works, but doesn't satisfy your need to limit the rights of others.

Quote:Edit to add:  That's why these conversations just go round and round.  For too many it is an all or nothing approach, on both ends.  "Common sense" changes are rejected as either not enough or opening the door to too much.  It is also why I find it funny/sad that the Onion shares the same story they have for years.

Ahh yes, a reliable liberal talking point.  Of course more firearms means more firearms related incidents.  We could eliminate 99% of traffic fatalities if we mandated use of public transportation for everyone.  Freedom is messy, some people will abuse it, and it's not always safe.  That being said it's far better than the nanny state alternative in which the government knows best and will keep you safe from yourself.  I find it interesting that I have to explain that concept to a person who spent the last four years tied in a Gordian knot over Trump and his use of governmental power.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-24-2021, 09:02 PM