Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections.
(03-25-2021, 01:32 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I don't think banning them now will have any real impact since there are so many out there.

Well, that plus the objective fact that the previous "assault weapons" ban had zero effect on gun homicide rates.

Quote:Also, If Biden does it by executive order, then we will only have a ban until the next republican president. 

I find it more likely it would be stayed almost immediately at the Federal court level, the right can circuit shop too, and that the SCOTUS would jump on hearing it.  I honestly hope Biden does this for this exact reason.

Quote:From a strategic pov, I just don't think this is the best bang for your buck use of political power. I know plenty of single issue voters who will not vote democratic because of this.

On this we agree.  Unfortunately for Biden I don't think that's an option for him.  He's going to be under tremendous pressure to "do something" from groups that really went all out of him last year.

Quote:Making it harder to buy them makes sense,  banning them completely is just not smart if the dems want to keep the majority. It litterally feeds right into the right wing talking points that liberals are coming for everyone's guns. 

Unfortunately it's not a talking point, it's fact.  A major POTUS candidate already stated as such.  Additionally, Harris stated she was open to mandatory "buybacks" of "assault weapons during the campaign.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-06/kamala-harris-supports-mandatory-buyback-of-assault-weapons
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that will help the GOP before 2022 elections. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-25-2021, 01:49 PM