Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021
(03-26-2021, 04:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Marvin Lewis once called pff some dumbass website lol. Zimmer has said some things too....
https://thecomeback.com/nfl/pro-football-focus-stick-stats.html

So has Bill Belechunk. Valid points
https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/19/bill-belichick-admits-his-limitations-studying-film-challenges-accuracy-of-pro-football-focus/

My point being, PFF has no clue what team improved what, because they dont really know the plays and calls on any given play and how each player may fit into a role for any given team. They can study every single player night and day of every snap 24/7 if they want, but unless they have an actual playbook from each team and know all the audibles, assignments, etc, they are really just guessing. I think pff is fun and interesting, but fans seem to really put a lot of stock in it. We lost a guy who is coming off a 5.5 sack season and gained one who is coming off a 13.5 sack season yet because pff says so, its a downgrade move? I personally cant grasp that. But that's just my opinion. I get it, its fun though, unless it makes people grumpy and pissed for no reason of course lol.

The eye test is still superior most days

A lot to unpack here, but...

1) You're right, PFF does not 100% know what a player's assignment always is. They are using an educated guess (just like fans).
2) You say the eye test is superior but bash PFF's assessment even though PFF literally watches game film to make their assessments? They are literally doing what you say to do...using their eyes.
3) They have enough staff that they are watching every player on every play using All 22 film and stopping and restarting the play over and over to assess. Are you going to that level?

That's why I hold PFF's assessment higher than most fans. They watch (way) more than we do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Performance Improvement Index - 2021 - ochocincos - 03-26-2021, 06:11 PM