Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Border Crisis- Biden's Worse Than Hitler
This is a really tough situation, and I don’t truly know the resolution to it. I don’t believe that throwing more money at it is going to fix the problem and turning people away will not fix the problem, either. They will come back and keep trying. These numbers are only going to grow larger.

I’ve been to South/Central America several times and while there are beautiful places, there are places where the living conditions will bewilder you. When I was in Bogota, Colombia I was on a bus that rode through a poor neighborhood. The buildings were dilapidated and the streets were filled with trash, the trash being knee high on the sides of the road. People lived there in these conditions. Completely hopeless.

In Mexico, some parts of the country are a literal warzone. You will drive to work and headless bodies will be hanging from an overpass. On multiple occasions, the cartels have hi-jacked buses and killed the men onboard, raped and killed the women onboard and taken the infants and thrown them into barrels of acid. On one occasion, they made the men fight to the death for entertainment while they raped the women. Look up the San Fernando Massacre.

I don’t like the way it is being handled, but I also don’t know how to improve it. I am by no means for illegal immigration, but these people are trying escape, and they want to do it right now. COVID is making their economic situations even worse, just like ours, but many were already poor as dirt before COVID. Don’t even get me started on Venezuela.

The logical side of me understands we have processes for immigration and they need to be followed. That is how this works. The moral side of me says that we need to find ways to help these people. Ideally, the solution would include revamping the governmental economies but many are so rampant with corruption.

Just providing my thoughts. It’s a very difficult situation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Border Crisis- Biden's Worse Than Hitler - KillerGoose - 03-27-2021, 10:04 AM