Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Started Doing the Math
(03-27-2021, 06:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sorry man. Those are all needs. The draft is where you build your team for now and the future.

You sound like Hobson’s article from the other day on TE. Guy coming off an achilles tear, young guy, and some roster fodder. Nothing to do at this position. Ha yea right

1 year rental at RT and a young LT who has proven he can not be depended on.

We lost our starter vet Bynes and veteran depth Evans. LBs take a beating and play a lot of special teams. We have 3 decent ones and then question marks.

Free agents edge rushers means they are not on my team. Means it’s a need.

Wren and Tupou are not good. We don’t know anything about them. Wren looks like Tarzan and plays like ? Tupou didn’t play last year and was a bottom of the roster guy before sitting out last year.

Uzomah is way ahead of schedule and was walking without a boot back in November.  He'll be good for TC.  Sample is a young guy, so the solution is to draft another young guy?  It would be nice to improve there, but it isn't a big need.

We have two good starting T's and two serviceable young backups behind them.  T is not a need as either an immediate starter or as a depth fill.  As I said, it's a deep T class, so it would be smart to get one, but wanting a young guy to groom to start in a year or two is a luxury, not a need.

There are always vet stack LB's that can be had for peanuts out there on the street.  We're talking Day 3 depth fill like need here.  Our LB's stayed relatively healthy last year, so I'm not sure how you're citing injury risk here.

If you're going to claim that we need to trade down to fill all our needs a month before the draft even happens, it's more than fair to propose alternative ways said needs could be filled in that time without trading down.

Tupou had a 73.8 PFF grade in '19.  He's a great run stuffing NT.  Wren has a ton of upside and played at serviceable backup level in '19.  It's not a need.  We have two solid starters, one good young backup, and one serviceable young backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
So I Started Doing the Math - NATI BENGALS - 03-27-2021, 10:33 AM
RE: So I Started Doing the Math - Synric - 03-27-2021, 10:38 AM
RE: So I Started Doing the Math - J24 - 03-27-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: So I Started Doing the Math - Whatever - 03-27-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: So I Started Doing the Math - Whatever - 03-27-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: So I Started Doing the Math - Whatever - 03-27-2021, 07:24 PM