Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for a tackle after round 2
(03-28-2021, 01:55 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we don't go OT in Rd1 (Sewell/Slater), then I do not see much point in going OT later.

We need help at guard. And WR. And LB. And DE. And DT.

An OT pick has to either be good enough to bump Reiff or Williams inside (Rd 3 OT won't be), or be able to play guard AND be a clear upgrade on Spain/XSF (possible but doubtful for a Rd3 tackle, but not impossible). If he isn't, then he can't help protect Burrow this year.

I just think things are pretty clear.

Rd 1: OT good enough to immediately start at OT or OG (Sewell or Slater in trade down) or receiver (Chase, Pitts, or Smith/Waddle in trade down).

Rd2: WR if we go OT in Rd1, IOL is we go receiver in Rd 1, though I suppose an OT might be an option here (Leatherwood?) if they can play inside too.

If we trade down & get an extra pick, then we can deviate with one of the seconds (LB, DE, DT).

Leatherwood didn't do agility (probably because he is coming off injury) but his other testing at his pro day was amazing.  He is a guy that could start his career at G and be developed to move outside.  I view Jackson Carman as the same way, with less outside potential.  

You pretty much summed up the draft for me now.  Those are the two scenarios given how they have addressed CB in FA and especially if they get Kerrigan.  And I am leaning toward the WR in the first (Chase) because I feel the drop off from him to the next tier of WRs is greater than what we lose getting a guy like Slater compared to Sewell.

There is a very good chance the first three picks could be on offense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a tackle after round 2 - SHRacerX - 03-28-2021, 10:49 AM