Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So 1 of those INTs against the Steelers was Andy's fault and one wasn't right?
I started a thread about AD and his passer rating floor during the off-season. After a LOT of research, it was evident that while AD CAN have awesome games, he was more prone than the average NFL starter to have a bad game and, when he did have a bad game, those low passer ratings were lower than the average bad game from most starting QBs. I know that last sentence is a long one, so here is the thread for anyone who wants to reference it: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Andy-Dalton-and-the-QBR-Floor-Theory

As a conclusion, I surmised that if AD were to raise his average "bad game" passer rating up 15 points to around 70, and have fewer of those bad games, the Bengals would win those close games and be an amazing team. I felt like that the Bengals had enough talent on the roster to make up for a lower passer rating around there.

^ Well, it looks like that has happened! His rating against the Steelers was 64.7... PERFECTLY within reason for the Bengals to have a chance to win. And that was by far his worst game of the season. He wasn't bad. He just wasn't in the 100s or 90s. Which can happen sometimes. It's the NFL and the other teams are really good sometimes, especially the Steelers.

To ANYONE complaining about AD's play, WTF?!?!? He has been outstanding! Even his "bad" game was a HUGE win and he played really well for most of that game. He outplayed a future HOF QB by miles. I wasn't a fan of some of the offensive calls and I think that put the team in a tough spot on some occasions, but it is what it is.... A HUGE WIN. AD has been absolutely amazing for the first 7 games. AMAZING!!!! Nothing to complain about at all with the Bengals QB. Not one thing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So 1 of those INTs against the Steelers was Andy's fault and one wasn't right? - PDub80 - 11-05-2015, 12:11 AM