Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for a tackle after round 2
(03-28-2021, 01:55 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we don't go OT in Rd1 (Sewell/Slater), then I do not see much point in going OT later.

We need help at guard. And WR. And LB. And DE. And DT.

An OT pick has to either be good enough to bump Reiff or Williams inside (Rd 3 OT won't be), or be able to play guard AND be a clear upgrade on Spain/XSF (possible but doubtful for a Rd3 tackle, but not impossible). If he isn't, then he can't help protect Burrow this year.

I just think things are pretty clear.

Rd 1: OT good enough to immediately start at OT or OG (Sewell or Slater in trade down) or receiver (Chase, Pitts, or Smith/Waddle in trade down).

Rd2: WR if we go OT in Rd1, IOL is we go receiver in Rd 1, though I suppose an OT might be an option here (Leatherwood?) if they can play inside too.

If we trade down & get an extra pick, then we can deviate with one of the seconds (LB, DE, DT).
I'm in total agreement with your post here. And, I would love Leatherwood in the 2nd. He can play swing tackle and be a killer at G. Anytime the Tide needed a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 or goal they ran behind Leatherwood. I'd say move him inside to either Guard spot and he's an upgrade. Plus, he can move out to Tackle if one of the other guys gets hurt. 
What a coup it would be to get Sewell at #5 and then Leatherwood in the 2nd. You throw those rookies in at the Guard positions in year #1 and that line is so strong and upgraded it would be very exciting times to be a Bengals fan again! 
Who wouldn't be happy with a starting OL of: 

Williams       Sewell      Hopkins     Leatherwood     Reiff
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a tackle after round 2 - JerseyDD09 - 03-28-2021, 12:34 PM